Post Date: 07/19/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
We are seeking a Supervisor for Membership Accounting department, specialize in Medicare. The position will manage the day-to-day operational activities of the Medicare Membership Accounting Department covering a wide range of responsibilities to ensure retention of existing groups and improve efficiency of all administrative services; core management responsibilities include: processing of member billing and eligibility, IS development, and ongoing communication with employer groups and carriers.
01. Responsible for daily operation of billing and eligibility functions in the Medicare Department.
02. Supervises and develops staff, develops goals, provides daily work direction, vacation scheduling, monitoring work and attendance, and hiring and terminating employees.
03. Ensures that appropriate personnel policies and procedures are followed using coaching, counseling, performance evaluations, promotions, and demotions, as needed.
04. Oversees training of new and existing staff on all billing and eligibility functions and ensures that staff have the necessary tools and resources to be successful.
05. Assists staff with resolution of problem accounts involving eligibility and billing.
06. Maintains awareness of developments in COBRA federal and state continuation requirements.
07. Assist in development and implementation of new systems and technology.
08. Provide articles for the quarterly newsletter.
09. Coordinates member communication for open enrollment and plan changes.
10. Ongoing communication with employer groups and carriers, including quarterly updates and problem resolution.
11. Develops effective ways to measure turnaround time and monitor results.
12. Analyzes staffing needs and makes recommendations to operations manager as workload fluctuates.
13. Assists in the marketing process of adding new groups, servicing groups and renewing groups, including meeting with clients as needed.
14. Responsible for quality and process improvement.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Please apply directly here: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27210725&refresh=true
1. College degree or four years relevant industry experience preferred
2. Knowledge of either; COBRA, Retirement plans, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Group, Individual, Affordable Care Act, Private Exchanges, or TPA business.
3. 4 years’ experience with Membership Accounting (enrollment, billing, reconciliation) preferred
4. Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
5. Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals, government organizations, agents and groups related to the provision of services designed to retain existing accounts and obtain new accounts.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations with internal as well as external customers and constituents.
7. Ability to achieve extraordinary results through effective management of resources, systems and processes.
8. Demonstrate strong, effective and diplomatic interpersonal communication skills with employees of all levels.
9. Ability to work well under pressure, work with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities
10. Ability to hire, lead, motivate, and develop staff.
11. Ability to adapt to change, work independently and as part of a successful team.
12. Maintain attendance above company standards.
13. Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
14. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Complete details: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27210725&refresh=true