Post Date: 07/03/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Behavior Support Specialist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Provides therapeutic support and behavioral intervention to adolescent males in a residential facility in order to help manage their behaviors on a daily basis. Assists in safety planning and behavior plans, as well as facilitating groups and implementing the program’s behavior management system. This position works closely with Mental Health Clinicians and Case Managers on ORR required documents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to escalation of clients with the utilization of behavior management approaches
• Facilitates learning and guidance of staff regarding client behavioral interventions and the program’s behavior management system.
• Facilitates and documents psycho-educational groups for clients
• Works closely with Clinicians and Case managers to ensure client’s Individual Service Plan goals are met.
• Assists with staff training regarding behavioral interventions and techniques, including the implementation of Collaborative Problem
Solving, and other evidence based behavioral practices
• Assists with community partner programming for clients (such as animal therapy)
• Assists in facilitating and writing safety plans and behavioral plans and follows up with milieu on execution of these plans.
• Under the oversight of a Master’s level clinician, meets with minors for one on one sessions, as appropriate. Completes documentation for individual and group services.
About the Program:
PASO mid- level security (staff -secure) residential facility for adolescent boys. The youth are primarily from Latin American countries and occasionally from other areas of the world. They reside in our care, living in a 16- bed residential facility. Our program is designed to help the youth, by creating a secure and therapeutic environment in which the youth, learn the necessary skills to be self-sufficient. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite; while they are waiting reunification with family, a sponsor or the next steps in their immigration case. To ensure the safety of the minors in the program, we maintain stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility. Must be comfortable working with potentially adjudicated youth.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science
• 1 year employment experience in the child welfare field working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting
• Bilingual, ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Training and experience in behavior management
• Experience working in a residential setting
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meet agency driving requirements.
• Travel between program locations
• Language testing, if applicable
• Attend required training
This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training.
Starting Pay Rate:
Bilingual (Spanish) Behavior Support Specialist $19.00 - $ 20.22
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
About our City:
Portland, OR is art friendly, a food lover’s dream, and has miles of gorgeous hiking trails and is but an hour plus from the ocean beaches and mountains.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Behavior Support Specialist- PASO” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/behavior-support-specialist/