Post Date: 04/26/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Nutrition Program Supervisor
Hours: Mon-Thurs, 30 hours/week (occasional Friday hours)
Location: Washougal Center
Pay Rate: $16/hour
Meals on Wheels People:
Meals on Wheels People enriches the lives of seniors and assists them in maintaining independence by providing nutritious food, human connections and social support. With the help of more than 5,500 volunteers, our nonprofit organization serves over 5,700 meals daily and more than 1.3 million meals each year across Multnomah, Washington, and Clark Counties. Meals on Wheels People is an EEO employer committed to the inclusion of people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, women and people living with disabilities in our workplace and programs.
Nutrition Program Supervisor Summary:
Responsible for management of the day-to-day operation of the senior dining and Meals on Wheels programs, recruitment, scheduling and management of volunteers, oversight of maintenance of Meals on Wheels People property and equipment and referrals of participants to available services, programs and activities for seniors.
Nutrition Program Supervisor Skills, Abilities & Experience:
• Minimum one year of experience in nutrition program management position
• Bilingual/Bicultural English/Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Asian or African languages strongly preferred
• Menu and recipe comprehension with one-year experience cooking for groups of 40+.
• Strong computer and administrative skills
• Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
• Skill and motivation to work with a multi-cultural and socially diverse populations with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations including aging, minority, low income and persons with disabilities
• Proven success in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Ability and willingness to work extended hours to support special activities and other deadlines
Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Meals on Wheels People Benefits:
Meals on Wheels People offers competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, 401(k), life, short and long-term disability insurance, a generous paid off program and more!
Complete details: https://www.mowp.org/our-story/careers/