Post Date: 03/11/2019
Close Date: 03/21/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Equity & Inclusion Specialist
REPORTS TO: Equity & Inclusion Assistant Director
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Equity and Inclusion Specialist position is responsible for providing administrative and technical support to the agency-wide equity and inclusion initiative. The E&I specialist will support the E&I department by increasing agency-wide communication, engaging and facilitating meetings with staff and supporting the priorities of the department and agency. This position is responsible for data maintenance, scheduling and correspondence regarding CCC’s equity functions.
1. Requires a minimum of a BA/BS in social work, psychology, business, education or related field
OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum two (2) years’ experience developing and implementing diversity/equity/inclusion
programs or similar lived experience.
3. Lived experience with marginalized communities such as LGBTQIA+, people of color, etc.
4. Direct service, nonprofit experience preferred.
5. Ability to communicate in languages other than English preferred.
6. Demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms of various communities, particularly
of African American and Recovery communities.
7. Understanding of culturally-specific resources available within the community.
8. Effective intercultural communication skills and ability to advocate/address issues of diversity.
9. Sensitivity and understanding of specific barriers which may lead to lack of access and
10. Experience developing and implementing trainings.
11. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by
Central City Concern.
12. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
13. If using a vehicle for agency use, must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle,
qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety
policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and
continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of
$100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
14. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
15. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must currently be clean and sober.
16. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
17. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds,
religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientation, and to treat each
individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs