Post Date: 03/08/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
The College of Education at Portland State University is seeking a 1.0 FTE 9-month, non-tenure track faculty appointment, at the Assistant Professor of Practice level in the Department of Special Education.
Various assignments for non-tenure track instructional and research faculty may include direct instruction, supporting scholarly activities, and service to the University, community, and profession. Expectations for the position are summarized in the position description and will be the principal components upon which annual review and reappointment decisions will be based. The position description is incorporated by reference in the Notice of Appointment, consistent with the practices outlined for non-tenure track faculty in the current PSU-AAUP collective bargaining agreement (Article 18).
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Participate fully as a collaborative teacher and leader in the department, college, and university;
• Serve as the Program Coordinator for our fully online Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Program and Cohort Leader for our BCBA program (approximately 30%);
• Have expertise in online instruction and teach ACS approved BCBA courses and courses related to the research core (approximately 70%).
- Doctorate in Special Education or related field;
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst;
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Additional Expertise in Positive Behavior Support and Tele-health.
- Knowledge and/or experience teaching online.
Total Compensation Range & Benefits :
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be $62,604. The starting salary may be negotiable above this range, however, it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills, and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
Complete details: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/29312