Post Date: 10/14/2019
Close Date: 12/14/2019
President, Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Job ID: 19-10484
Type: Regular Full-Time
Good Samaritan Medical Ctr campus
The Legacy mission of making life better for others requires an openness to new or improved strategies. Can you help us drive the changes that will positively affect the Legacy community and the people we serve?
Legacy Health, the largest nonprofit, community-owned health system serving the Portland-Vancouver area and the mid-Willamette Valley, seeks to improve our community by helping people live healthier and better lives. To support good health, Legacy provides a range of services not found in any other single system: multiple hospitals, a children’s hospital, primary and urgent care, and complete medical specialties. We partner with many groups to build a healthier community for all. Plus, we value diversity and innovation as we look for ways to improve health care and create a legacy of health for all. Legacy Health has six hospitals with dedicated children’s care at Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, more than 70 primary care, specialty and urgent care clinics, nearly 3,000 doctors and providers, almost 13,000 employees, plus lab, research and hospice, and a partnership with PacificSource health plan.
The President of Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center is responsible for providing overall leadership, direction and oversight of Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center and any additional departments. Responsibilities also include establishing a strategic plan for the hospital; expanding and developing new programs/services; encouraging positive and collaborative relationships with physicians; continuously improving quality, service and employee engagement and meeting financial expectations (both in terms of cost and operating income). You will serve as a system focal point on matters relating to areas of responsibility. You must be responsive to needs of the organization, and supply creative ideas and assure effective utilization of resources.
Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center in Northwest Portland is known for its specialty programs and clinical excellence. Legacy Good Samaritan features nationally renowned doctors in cancer care, kidney transplantations, neurology, ophthalmology, weight-loss surgery, robotic surgery, rehabilitation and more, plus Oregon’s only 24-hour urgent care that’s located alongside an emergency room, with access to emergency care if needed.
Direct, manage and guide the assigned functions including planning, budgeting, control and management/development of subordinate staff.
Coordinate all defined areas of accountability for the hospital to optimize services and costs.
Working with peers, medical staff, and other leaders and groups, helps develop long-range plans. Contributes to the development of the overall corporate business plan through proposing and advocating new opportunities.
Responsible for demonstrating and maintaining executive behavior and performance.
Education: Masters degree in Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience required.
• Ten years of diverse and progressively more responsible health care and/or related administrative experience
• Experience in developing and implementing effective operational and financial systems and controls
• Experience in a competitive, managed care market
• In-depth knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and managing administrative systems to support divisional/departmental mission, goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to manage people in setting goals, giving appropriate support, evaluating, directing, and holding employees accountable while maintaining high morale and productivity.
• Excellent communication skills: ability to interact with people in a meaningful way at all levels in the operating division, system, health care industry, and community.
• Articulate, able to listen, and responsive to legitimate concerns.
• Must have a thorough understanding of current developments and trends in healthcare management and areas of defined accountability
LEADING AT LEGACY:
Demonstrates the ability to act consistently with Legacy’s Values in Action, exemplifies our core organizational values, and exhibits the leadership competencies outlined in Leading at Legacy.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jtsqjqtjwyxnxzg2
Complete details: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jtsqjqtjwyxnxzg2