Post Date: 12/08/2017
Close Date: 03/31/2018
Division Dean, Math & College Success Division Dean
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09210
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Full-time Management, Salary Level N, 1.0 FTE, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Full-Time Salary Range is $87,873 to the range mid-point $107,643. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point as determined based on qualifications, experience and internal equi
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by January 15, 2018
Portland Community College is seeking a Division Dean for the Math and College Success Division, at the Sylvania Campus
The Math and College Success Division Dean oversees the following departments at Sylvania Campus: ABE/GED, College Success & Career Guidance, Student Learning Center, Mathematics, and Culinary Assisting.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play at PCC, please review the qualifications and apply today!
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-
term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employers Retirement System (PERS) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS. PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
- 14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
- 1 day of Sick Leave per month
- 11 Holidays
- 3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervises division faculty, academic professionals, classified staff, technical/support, and/or student staff. Evaluates and oversees the development of professional development plans and goals for assigned faculty department chairs, faculty, academic professionals, and classified staff in accordance with good management practices, campus policies, and collective bargaining agreements. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
2. Provides leadership in planning, implementing, evaluating, and modifying multiple educational programs, processes, and operations related to assigned areas of responsibility; interprets and applies federal and state mandated guidelines. Plans, implements, administers, and evaluates related programs, projects, and services impacting the college.
3. Establishes, monitors, evaluates, and modifies processes, procedures, and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the College's mission, values, goals, and objectives, as well as all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Monitors programs to ensure compliance with applicable accrediting bodies.
4. Serves as a liaison to applicable external agencies and businesses, the community, the general public, internal departments, and applicable educational institutions representing the College with respect to academic programs, processes, and procedures. Convenes advisory and related committees for vocational and technical programs and maintains related records.
5. Participates in the development and marketing of programs in assigned area of responsibility to increase enrollment and revenues for the District.
6. Directs the maintenance of a variety of student and academic program records and information in assigned areas of responsibility.
7. Oversees faculty teaching assignments, schedules, and classroom assignments in accordance with established District policy.
8. Develops, implements, and manages grant-funded programs to supplement academic programs.
9. Develops and administers budgets in assigned areas of responsibility; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
10. Evaluates and communicates the impact of potential legal or regulatory changes on the College.
11. Responds to and resolves student, faculty, and/or staff grievances and complaints.
12. Advises and responds to questions from College departments and external agencies regarding complex issues or policies impacting assigned programs and services.
13. Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- Master's degree in any academic field from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years progressively responsible managerial experience.
Important Knowledge and Skills
- Managerial principles;
- Grant management principles and practices;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Contract management principles and practices;
- Accreditation standards;
- Conflict mediation principles and practices;
- Public relations principles;
- Program development principles;
- Records maintenance principles and practices;
- Higher education principles and practices.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Managing and providing leadership to subordinate staff;
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring academic programs, policies, procedures, and work flow;
- Developing and managing a budget;
- Managing grants-funded programs;
- Managing contracts;
- Evaluating assigned programmatic area for compliance with applicable regulations and accreditation requirements;
- Speaking in public;
- Conducting research to identify solutions, resolve problems, or provide information;
- Mediating conflict;
- Developing and marketing academic programs;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
1. Experience applying Adult Learning Theory/Practice (i.e., teaching, training, etc.)
2. Support-oriented approach (e.g., student centered), with an understanding of the community college student population
3. Experience engaging in and facilitating successful conflict resolution
4. Collaborative and communicative leadership style
5. Demonstrates intercultural awareness and leadership of culturally-inclusive practices within organizations
6. Skill in attending to both detail-oriented tasks and maintaining a visionary approach to leadership
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. A Cover Letter that addresses how you meet the Preferred Qualifications of the position (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Notes to Applicants:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1133338
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1133338