Post Date: 02/19/2019
Close Date: 03/19/2019
Portland Business Alliance
POSITION: Coordinator, Accounting
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Operations
REPORTS TO: Manager, Finance and Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Nonexempt, Part-time
The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for fulfilling the general bookkeeping functions for the Portland Business Alliance, Clean and Safe and the Portland Business Alliance Charitable Institute. The Accounting Coordinator will collaborate with other team members as needed in areas including, but not limited to: cash receipts and accounts payable, expense reports, G/L entries and related communication with members, vendors and staff.
• Process submitted invoices, check requests and expense reports for payment accurately and in a timely manner.
• Review that all payment requests include complete documentation; i.e. supporting receipts and appropriate signatures.
• Coordinate and ensure that all A/P checks have appropriate signatures.
• Post payments including cash, checks and credit card transactions to accounting system accurately using appropriate G/L codes.
• Prepare check deposits and process via online banking on a regular basis.
• Assist with month-end reconciliations.
• Create monthly contract billings and any other non-dues bills as requested.
• Other duties and projects, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• General knowledge of accounting systems and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Company accounting policies, practices, and procedures.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Commitment to a high level of accuracy.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all levels of an organization and outside parties.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers and applications including accounting systems, membership databases, Excel, Word, Outlook and internet. Sage 100 experience preferred.
• Two years of accounting coursework or 3+ years of professional experience in bookkeeping or an accounting-related role.
• A/P, A/R, and G/L experience preferred.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Self-directed and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Dependable and flexible.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, is within safe OSHA decibel constraints.
The Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Submit cover letter and resume to Nnenna Lewis at email@example.com.