Post Date: 02/06/2020
Close Date: 03/08/2020
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm and is located at Cascadia's Clackamas health center.
The Counselor III provides and coordinates a wide range of supportive and therapeutic mental health services for a caseload of adults with severe mental illnesses and addiction issues, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required that the Counselor III understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position collaborates with internal and external resources to assure the best possible treatment for clients. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach in assisting clients achieve individual goals.
A Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). Certification must be current and in compliance with the OAR’s. The CADC credential is preferred in addition to a Master’s Degree given the high occurrence of substance use/abuse. Note: All QMHP qualified positions in the state of Oregon will need to be filled by incumbents who are officially certified or who meet eligibility qualifications to register with MHACBO as a QMHP. If you are not currently registered, you will need to be registered if you become employed with Cascadia. For more details on QMHP certification and registration, contact MHACBO (www.mhacbo.org)
- Clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Understand recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery
- Thorough knowledge of evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Operate computer hardware and software (including EMR software) at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)