Post Date: 05/28/2019
Close Date: 06/25/2019
PORTLAND BUSINESS ALLIANCE
POSITION: Coordinator, Administration
DEPARTMENT: Downtown Services/Leadership Programs
REPORTS TO: VP, Downtown Services/Sr. Director, Leadership Programs
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time
The Portland Business Alliance, a 501(c)(6) organization, is the Greater Portland Chamber of Commerce and the leading voice for business in the region. The Alliance advocates for business at all levels of government to support commerce, community health and the region’s overall prosperity. We also offer a variety of networking events and professional development opportunities to connect and foster growth in our region’s business community.
Provides administrative support for the Downtown Services department, leadership programs support and front desk support.
Administrative Support: Downtown Services department and Leadership Programs
• Provide administrative support to Senior Director, Leadership Programs and Downtown Services department staff.
• Set up and assist with committee and board meetings, including:
o Send meeting notice, agenda, minutes and other documents as needed.
o Collect RSVP’s and call through committee list to boost attendance if needed.
o Print meeting materials and compile packets for attendees.
o Room preparation: AV set-up, coffee and water, and ordering of catering.
o Produce table tents when needed
o Take meeting minutes when needed
• Maintain committee member lists and update in EMMA.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Program Support: Leadership Portland (LP), Leadership Portland Alumni Association (LPAA), Public Service Training
• Coordinate application process and facilitate scheduling of potential program participants during interview process.
• Produce communications including monthly LP alumni e-newsletter, event invitations, surveys, thank-you notes and other communications as needed.
• Coordinate meetings and logistics for planning all program days.
• Assist with event coordination and attend before and after hour events.
• Provide admin support for LPAA steering committee and attend LPAA events.
• Manage social media postings as needed.
• Maintain LP Alumni contact information up to date.
Front Desk Support and Office Management
• Handle incoming phone calls, including informational inquiries.
• Respond to written and email informational inquiries or forward to appropriate staff.
• Receive and direct visitors to appropriate department.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Processes incoming checks and cash through accounting procedures.
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels and process orders for office supplies.
• Maintain office appearance and organization including kitchen and workroom maintenance.
• Maintain conference room scheduling.
• Provide administrative support to all staff and programing as needed and other duties as assigned by President & CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency with ChamberMaster or other database program.
• Cultural competency and ability to work with various community and industry representatives.
• High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred but relevant work experience acceptable.
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
A well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of tasks, including project management tasks in a timely manner, while maintaining a courteous and professional manner.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, is within safe OSHA decibel constraints.
The Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.