Post Date: 09/04/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
The Coordinator of Assessment in the College of Education (COE) at Portland State University works closely with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs to design, implement and manage all assessment activities in order to ensure that the COE maintains effective and high quality academic programs. In addition, the individual provides strategic direction, guidance and support for the maintenance of state, regional and national accreditation. This is a full-time year round position.
- Master’s or advanced professional degree with 3+ years of experience.
- 2 years + experience using an assessment management systems (e.g., Tk20).
- Experience preparing and presenting data reports.
- Experience working with performance-based assessment products such as edTPA.
- Technology skills and experience appropriate for the position (Excel, online survey, google suite, database).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including writing skills, and presentation abilities for large and facilitation for small groups.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaborative and cooperative situations.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Familiarity with basic statistics, and general qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and set goals and time frames for work to be accomplished within.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse colleagues, faculty and school personnel.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Familiarity with advanced statistics
- Experience with Improvement Science
Key Cultural Competencies
• Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
• Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
• Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
• Adheres to all PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Work Days/Hours Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement:
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be $63,084. The starting salary may be negotiable above this range; however, it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Long Tran 503-725-4684 or email at email@example.com.
Our university community values campus diversity and we particularly encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply. Individuals with research and teaching interests relating to multiculturalism, ethnicity, prejudice and social justice are of particular interest.
Portland State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.
Complete details: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/30716