Post Date: 12/19/2019
Close Date: 01/19/2020
Oregon State University Ecampus, a division within Oregon State University (OSU), is seeking two Marketing Managers. These are full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty positions. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Director.
Oregon State University Ecampus is a fast-growing, innovative organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. The Marketing Manager is a member of the marketing and enrollment services team within the division. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Marketing and is a critical member of the creative services team, supporting marketing and communications strategies that promote the goals of the division and its programs.
This position creates, implements and tracks targeted marketing plans and campaigns, which rely heavily on digital marketing and communications tactics. The Marketing Manager will make decisions about allocating resources within a marketing budget, selecting the appropriate media mix and collaborating on content creation and design assets. This position collaborates with fellow members of the marketing team, in addition to the web/IT and enrollment services teams, and works closely with internal Ecampus clients, members of the OSU Ecampus leadership team and OSU colleagues.
As a project manager, this position will manage multiple and competing demands for marketing projects across a diverse portfolio of work. This position will lead project work, bringing together appropriate partners and stakeholders as needed and ensuring the successful completion of all projects.
Oregon State Ecampus and the university as a whole is committed to maintaining and enhancing a collaborative and inclusive community that strives for equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for helping to ensure that these commitments are achieved. The Marketing Manager will work to ensure marketing materials are inclusive to all, including meeting accessibility standards, as well as visually representing the diverse range of identities of online adult learners across the world. Their success in this pursuit will cultivate a more inclusive and diverse student and organizational community.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or a field relevant to duties outlined in the position description.
• Three (3) years of professional marketing experience, including development, implementation and management of marketing strategy and tactics.
• Project management experience, including demonstrated success and willingness to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including creative professionals.
• Basic understanding of design and brand principles as related to the development of marketing materials.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines.
• A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education in marketing or related field.
• Experience with project management tools (e.g., Basecamp, AirTable).
• Demonstrated experience in content creation, including copywriting and / or media development.
• Experience with data analysis, data-driven decision making and the ability to extract value from data insights tools.
• Experience with content management systems and customer relationship management tools (e.g. WordPress, Salesforce).
• Experience working in a higher education setting and/or with the nontraditional student population (e.g, online, military).
• Experience developing accessible and inclusive marketing materials and campaigns.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For position details and to apply please go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/86153
Application deadline: 1/19/2020
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position