Post Date: 11/26/2019
Close Date: 12/08/2019
Close date: 12/08/2019
Salary: $2754 - $3913 monthly
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Center for Health Statistics in Portland, OR is recruiting for an Administrative Specialist to provide support for the certification unit. The Center for Health Statistics is Oregon's Vital Records Office. Oregon law requires all vital events that occur in Oregon, such as births, marriages, divorces, and deaths to be recorded, registered, and filed with our office. The office is also responsible for certifying, amending, and issuing these vital event records.
What will you do?
As the Administrative Specialist, you will serve as the lead worker to review and assign work to unit staff in collaboration with the unit manager. You will provide direction and guidance to certification staff concerning work procedures and policies related to completing vital records orders and trouble-shoot problem orders. You will confer with the unit manager on a regular basis to ensure staff are following certification procedures, policies, rules and regulations.
In this position, you will explain statutes, rules, policies and procedures related to eligibility to order and receive vital records to staff, customers, government agencies and external partners. You will respond to questions and problems from customers, staff, county vital records, funeral homes, vendors and other departments. You will serve as the expert to provide technical assistance in the use of the new OVERS software for all certification and county staff. In addition, you will review, track and process orders as well as research circumstances of fraudulent orders.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to update, maintain and provide accurate vital records for the State of Oregon. Do you have administrative support experience? Do you have experience providing outstanding customer service? Do you have experience leading teams? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
• Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data collection and analysis; and evaluation of projects, processes, and operations; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Professional, diplomatic customer service skills are required.
• Experience leading teams and making decisions on work priorities.
• Experience communicating information to people with different skill levels and expertise.
• Experience analyzing and implementing production standards for work units.
• Experience training staff to use information system programs.
• Experience planning, distributing, assigning, organizing, reviewing and tracking work.
• Experience interpreting and explaining procedures, policies, rules and laws.
• Experience working in a team setting.
• Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and the Internet.
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
Please complete the online application at the following link:
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position