Post Date: 03/06/2019
Close Date: 03/25/2019
Salary: $16.00 hourly
Note: Apply for each work assignment area that you are interested in:
Seasonal Park Worker (Blue Lake Park) - Historic Cemeteries and Natural Areas
Seasonal Park Worker (Borland Field Office) – Historic Cemeteries and Natural Areas
Seasonal Park Worker – Blue Lake Park
Seasonal Park Worker – Oxbow Park
If you love talking to people, working outdoors and have some experience or interest in customer service and grounds maintenance, you might be a great addition to our park operations team as a Seasonal Park Worker. In this position you would play an important role in our commitment to offering safe and welcoming destinations.
Seasonal Park Workers will be asked to do a variety of jobs at Metro's parks, boat ramps, campgrounds, picnic areas, playgrounds, trails and cemeteries. Work may be performed in various settings and locations and under a variety of weather conditions.
Multiple full and part-time seasonal positions are available throughout our parks system extending through the fall. All assigned shifts will have consecutive days off. Weekend and holiday availability is required.
We're looking for people who share Metro's commitment to making sure that all our region's diverse communities- including communities of color and low-income communities-benefit from a world-class park system. At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. While not a requirement, those that speak a second language are encouraged to apply.
Note: Blue Lake and Oxbow Regional Parks are not on bus routes and public transportation in the area is limited.
• Must be 18 years of age or older (drives Metro vehicles and operates machinery/tools)
• Any combination of experience and/or education that demonstrates the ability to read instructions and perform routine math with accuracy
• Possession of a valid driver's license with at least 2 years of driving experience
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. with assistance and perform strenuous physical labor
• Any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.