Post Date: 05/21/2020
Close Date: 06/19/2020
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
As a Job Coach, you will work with Kerr’s supported employees at their new employment site to assist in learning their job tasks and honing or improving their skills. You will complete task analysis when required; communicate with business’ Department Manager/Hiring Manager to assist in a successful job placement and retention, write daily progress notes and end of the month reports, and complete all necessary documentation to meet billing deadlines. Additionally, you'll collaborate with job developers to provide pre-employment activities such as resume assistance, online applications, and assessments.
This position requires schedule flexibility to accommodate the supported employees work schedule and guarantees at least 30 hours each week.
If you believe a healthy community is built by everyone’s effort and you're seeking a career with variety, opportunities to teach others and learn more about what people do and how businesses work, you'll love being a Job Coach at Kerr! Apply online at www.AlbertinaKerr.org/Careers.
- Arrive to work on time and with the tools/material necessary for the job.
- Coach our participants at local community employment sites.
- Assist participants in learning task as independently as possible and work cooperatively with each person’s vocational team to create plans and/or obtain tools that would improve their capacity to learn their job.
- Work with job seekers in pre-employment paperwork and online applications
- Assist Job Developer as necessary and required
- Maintain progress notes and time sheets.
- Ensure that each participant’s personal and medical information is always current in their work file, discovery forms and/or relate any changes to supervisor.
- Maintain clear communication with community employment manager and others as part of the ISP team.
- Attend required trainings and ISP meetings.
- Relate any change and/or concerns to your supervisor.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- Verizon phone discount
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
- Three years’ experience working with persons with developmental disabilities in an employment setting preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal history check and pre-employment drug screening, as required.
- Ability to meet agency driving requirements.
- Be available to work when scheduled and based on employment of participants.
Apply online at www.AlbertinaKerr.org/Careers.
Direct link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=14201&clientkey=542894A572AB94252AC5B03B14208AB1