Post Date: 06/28/2019
Close Date: 07/21/2019
Oregon State University Ecampus is seeking a Marketing & Social Media Manager. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed-term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Director.
Oregon State University Ecampus is a fast-growing, innovative organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. The marketing and social media manager is a member of the marketing and enrollment services team within the division. This position reports to the assistant director of marketing and is a critical member of the creative services team, supporting marketing and communications strategies that promote the goals of the division and its programs.
The marketing and social media manager will take a lead role in both marketing planning and marketing management for OSU Ecampus degree programs, special initiatives and internal Ecampus clients. This position creates, implements and tracks targeted marketing plans and campaigns, which rely heavily on online marketing and communications tactics. The marketing manager will make decisions about allocating resources within a marketing budget, selecting the appropriate media mix, and collaborating on content creation and design assets. This position collaborates with fellow members of the marketing team, in addition to the web/IT and enrollment services teams, and works closely with internal Ecampus clients, including members of the leadership team.
An additional focus for this position is leading social media strategy and management for OSU Ecampus as well as other social accounts in the Ecampus division. This position will manage social media efforts through setting strategy, leveraging best practices, bringing together teams to develop content and engaging in routine assessment of KPIs to make data-informed decisions. This position will respond regularly and timely to social media engagement and act as a core facilitator of community in online social spaces. This position will be required to comply with institutional brand standards and best practices.
Oregon State Ecampus and the university as a whole is committed to maintaining and enhancing a collaborative and inclusive community that strives for equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for helping to ensure that these commitments are achieved. The marketing and social media manager will work to ensure marketing materials are inclusive by meeting accessibility standards as well as visually representing the diverse range of identities of online adult learners across the world in an effort to promote and enhance diversity. This position, in collaboration with the marketing team, will work to grow cultural competencies by examining gaps in our marketing efforts in serving diverse audiences and pursue opportunities of professional development that would better position Ecampus to meet the needs of underrepresented groups and individuals.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications/business or a field relevant to duties outlined in the position description
• Three years of professional marketing communications experience, including development, implementation, and management of marketing strategy and tactics and a minimum of one year directly managing social media channels for a business, organization or relevant entity
• Project management experience, including demonstrated success and willingness to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including creative professionals
• Basic understanding of design and brand principles as related to the development of marketing materials
• Demonstrated experience in content creation, including copywriting and/or media development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and editing, and presentation skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
• A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity through continued education and the deliberate practice of cultural competency and equality
• Master’s degree, certificate or demonstrated commitment to continuing education in marketing, social media, communications or related field
• Experience with data analysis and data-driven decision making, specifically in area of social media, and ability to extract value from reporting tools
• Experience with marketing and social media management tools (e.g., Basecamp, Hootsuite)
• Experience with content management systems and customer relationship management tools (e.g. WordPress, Salesforce)
• Experience working in a higher education setting and/or with the nontraditional/modern student population
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Posting closes July 21st, 2019
For more information and to apply go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/79333
Complete details: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/79333