Post Date: 01/03/2020
Close Date: 02/14/2020
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate health care. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are currently hiring an Event & Development Coordinator to plan, organize, and coordinate in concert with the Director of Development and Communications all aspects of our fundraising events for Cascade AIDS Project (including AIDS Walk Portland & CAP’s annual Art Auction) from conception to completion. The Event & Development Coordinator takes the lead on third party events as well as smaller events for CAP, including but not limited to Heroes of HIV Luncheon, Bat N Rouge, The State of CAP, The Legacy Society Garden Party, and organizing the Camp KC holiday party and giving program.
Responsibilities include: overseeing and coordinating all event logistics; soliciting sponsorships including in-kind donations to support the events, cultivating individual and team-based donors for events, facilitating event committee meetings, providing pre-event reports, post-event reports and cost analysis; Implementing cost control measures, supervising department volunteers and interns, and coordinating and attending third party events.
The person in this position is stationed at CAP’s Davis Street office in NW Portland, but will travel throughout the seven-county service area for meetings and events. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required. This position, as a member of the Development Team, is also required to provide meal and break coverage for the office receptionist. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• 2-3 years of professional on-the-job experience planning, organizing, producing and managing large, successful special events
• Excellent communications skills; both written and verbal
• Ability to prioritize work projects and meet deadlines with extra attention to detail
• Demonstrated successful experience working both independently and as a member of a team
• Experience working under pressure while prioritizing and managing a large number of tasks/projects simultaneously
• Experience facilitating meetings
• Experience delivering excellent customer service
• Experience selling, such as cold calling through approaches via direct mail and phone
• Demonstrated successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economically and sexually diverse populations
• Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and have excellent organizational skills
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have access to a reliable, insured vehicle
• Proficiency on MS office suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
• Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
• Experience working with donor database programs
• Experience with local vendors for event services
• Experience soliciting and negotiating contracts
Compensation: $43,079 annually, plus employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for, 2) your resume, and 3) a completed CAP Employment application (application available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Event & Development Coordinator
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/