Post Date: 07/16/2019
Close Date: 09/14/2019
Department: School Age
Reports To: Site Director
Wage: $12.50-14.00 per hour DOE
Who we are: Neighborhood House has been bringing the community together to help neighbors in need since 1905. We’re here for families facing hunger and homelessness, vulnerable seniors and children who need help in school.
What we do: Our programs help low-income, recent-immigrant and other vulnerable people overcome challenges so they can achieve success, stability and independence.
This is a teaching position for a before and after school program at Boise-Eliot Humboldt, Martin Luther King Jr. or Sabin School with kids ages 5-12. A teacher helps support the site director in developing and teaching curriculum each day as well as supporting students in social and emotional development. This position requires a person who is reliable, flexible and can take initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with children ages 5-12 in a before and after school program using PBIS
• Communicate with parents at drop of and pick up
• Attend meetings or trainings 2-3 times per month if full time (attend mandatory meetings if part time)
• Serve snacks
• Support the lead teacher and site director with lesson/ activity plans by helping with planning and teaching
• Work with all team members to prepare classrooms for receiving children each day
• Professionally collaborate with members of your site as well as members of other Neighborhood House sites
• Arrive to your site a minimum of 45 min. before the students arrive
• Adhere to licensing regulations for the program and school rules and requirements
• Maintain a 15 to 1 ratio, assisting with homework and structured group activities as well as supervising free choice and recess
• Report to the site director
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• At least 18 years of age
• At least 6 months of experience working with children in a licensed facility or other qualifying educational setting
• Dedicated, reliable, organized with a strong interest in children and/ or education
• Maintain 24 hours of job related training each licensing year and submit to ORO
• Have or able to get immediately CPR/ First Aid Certification, Food Handler’s Card, RCAAN certification and Oregon Central Background registry number
• Available between the hours of 6:30am-9:30am and/ or 2:00pm-6:00pm daily as assigned
• Ability to send and receive emails
• Ability to work with shared online documents
• Ability to manage time and attendance online
This is a shortened job posting, to view the job description in full, please click one of the links below.
Via Email: Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also apply for the position via email if the above links aren't working for you, we just ask that you please try the application through ADP first before emailing.
Please be sure to include the posting title you are applying for, and also where you heard about this position.
Complete details: www.nhpdx.org