Post Date: 05/12/2020
Close Date: 07/01/2020
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Senior Researcher – Learning Environments for our Center for Research, Evaluation and Analysis. This position will oversee and grow a portfolio of large scale quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects with a focus on high quality learning environments, and develop and deploy innovative strategies for sharing evaluation and research findings that promote high-levels of engagement and use among clients and other strategic partners.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Generate and lead a portfolio of large-scale research and evaluation projects in the broad area of high quality learning environments that substantially contributes to organization growth and sustainability
• Build strong, long-term, relationships with external clients and partners in the Northwest region and nationally
• Help partners and clients make strategic use of evaluation data in policy and programmatic decision making and change management efforts
• Work with peers to develop and institutionalize new and innovative ways to report research and evaluation findings and promote a high degree of use and strategic engagement among clients and partners
• Serve as project lead on a diverse portfolio of quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects
• Lead project teams to carry out exceptional work and model and mentor team members in project management, relationship development and client engagement
• Actively nurture and grow a robust professional network to increase mission-driven partnership and business opportunities for the organization
• Share ongoing work and lessons learned with others nationally working in similar spaces
• Collaborate with senior staff across the organization to develop new projects and proposals
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
• PhD in education, public policy, applied social sciences or related field preferred
• 5+ years’ experience leading quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects
• Demonstrated success in building and leading a significant project portfolio through contracts, grants and other means
• Demonstrated expertise working with diverse clients including federal, state and local agencies and philanthropic organizations
• Deep experience leading quantitative and mixed methods and large scale applied research projects, including RCTs and related impact analyses
• Strong project management skills and experience scoping and directing large scale projects and/or project tasks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Expert knowledge in one more of the following areas: social and emotional learning, school climate and discipline, family engagement and opportunity youth
• Experience working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Up to 20% out-of-office travel with overnight stays of up to a week at a time
• Position is based in Portland, Oregon
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0qxyy/
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position