Post Date: 05/24/2019
Close Date: 06/25/2019
Portland Community Reinvestment Initiatives, Inc. is a non-profit community development corporation with a mission “to preserve, expand and manage affordable housing in the City of Portland and provide access to and advocacy for services to our residents”. With over 800 units of affordable housing, PCRI’s unique mix of single-family homes, small multi-plexes and community apartments represents one of the last stable opportunities for low-income households to remain in their vibrant Portland neighborhoods. These homes and apartments are woven into the fabric of their neighborhoods and are a model for eliminating concentrations of poverty.
To accomplish PCRI’s current housing development goal of addressing involuntary displacement, PCRI established a displacement mitigation initiative, Pathway 1000, with the sole purpose and intent of slowing and reversing the involuntary displacement of long term residents previously forced to move from N/NE Portland, and current residents at risk of displacement. Through the Pathway 1000 initiative, PCRI aims to build and create at least 1,000 homes, many of which will be available to purchase. The homes will be located throughout the city of Portland, with the primary focus on the N/NE Portland neighborhoods where displaced families previously resided.
The Homeownership Intake/Compliance Specialist will offer support to the Homeownership, Homeownership Retention, Financial Education and IDA programs related to and on behalf of homebuyers and homeowners seeking or retaining homeownership and those in need of credit and financial management counseling.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Homeownership Intake/Compliance Specialist works closely with the Manager of Resident Services, Homeownership Program Coordinators, Homeownership Retention Coordinator, Financial Education/IDA Specialist and Resident Services Administrative Assistant of the organization in providing daily administrative support and special projects. The Homeownership Intake Specialist/Compliance Specialist will perform a variety of highly responsible, confidential and complex tasks with discretion. Individual must demonstrate a genuine interest and enthusiasm for community development and working in a team environment to execute and fulfill the mission and vision of PCRI.
• Serve as one point of contact for phone, email and walk – inquiries regarding homeownership, homeownership retention, financial education and IDA services.
• Maintain comprehensive and confidential client records and databases for counseling services by reviewing participants’ documents and information for counseling and reporting purposes.
• Maintain compliant electronic and physical participant files according to HUD guidelines.
• Maintain routine contact with participants, update files and schedule follow-up appointments in accordance with HUD guidelines.
• Assist with archiving of inactive customer information on a quarterly basis in accordance with HUD guidelines.
• Oversee registration and scheduling for workshops and or other events to include sending invites, confirm registrations and follow up emails after workshop completion.
• Set up as appropriate for workshops to include preparing class handouts and appropriate supplies for attendees and presenter.
• Work with Manager and Resident Services staff to prepare and submit quarterly 9902 HUD reports to HomeFree - USA.
• Participate in community events to promote and share information about PCRI’s programs and services
• Be open to a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends
• Attend trainings as needed to perform job duties
High School Diploma or equivalent, a minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in Office Management in a non-profit of for profit corporation. Administrative experience is essential. Experience in affordable housing, homeownership counseling, real estate, mortgage or banking is a plus.
The ideal candidate:
• Will be a detail oriented, organized planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility.
• Will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision and deadline sensitivity.
• Must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics. Key to the position is the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
• Must able to work in a team environment, and able to juggle multiple priorities independently and proactively. Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Superior verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to build relationships with staff and external partners.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional suite programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• General office equipment knowledge and experience.
• Ability to gather and compile data and compose business letters and correspondence.
• Ability to work creatively with management and department staff to achieve objectives.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Ability to work with a diverse clientele.
Compensation / Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. PCRI provides a generous benefits package that includes 10 days of paid Vacation after the completion of one year of employment that increase over time to 20 paid days, 9 days of paid Sick Leave and 3 days of paid Personal Time Off, 10 paid holidays, employer-paid health coverage (medical, dental, vision) that requires a minor contribution for employee if dependents added to plan, Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(B) employer match contribution of up to 3% of employees annual salary. Voluntary benefits include: Life Insurance, Short Term Disability insurance, critical and accidental insurance.
PCRI is a fast-paced, highly engaged work environment. We strive to communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds. We actively seek opportunities for professional development for our staff and promote a willingness to change for continual improvement.
PCRI is an EEO employer committed to the inclusion of all people in our workplace and programs.
The Homeownership Intake/Compliance Specialist will spend hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The Homeownership Intake/Compliance Specialist will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time. In addition, have ability to climb stairs several times a day. Physical ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach and pull.
Undergoing and passing a pre-employment criminal background, drug test and physical exam is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able perform each essential function and the physical demands satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, to the attention of Tamara Trofimenko, HR Manager. PCRI, 6329 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Portland, Oregon, 97211, by email at email@example.com, or fax to (503) 943-2844. This position is open until filled. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Complete details: pcrihome.org