Post Date: 11/25/2019
Close Date: 12/09/2019
Children, Family and Community Connections (CFCC) for Clackamas County is seeking a Job Development Specialist to provide employment and training services to unemployed/underemployed members of the community. The incumbent in this position works in both the TANF JOBS Program and the STEP Program operated by CFCC. The Job Development Specialist will provide support and connection to mental health assessments and other community resources as a component of the TANF JOBS Program. The STEP Program primarily serves individuals recently released from jail or prison. The incumbent is responsible for assisting STEP participants with creating individual career plans and obtaining employment and training opportunities.
The goal of Job Development Specialists is to assist clients in obtaining successful, long-term career path employment.
Clackamas County is committed to building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. In that spirit, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• At least one year of experience providing coaching, case management and/or assistance in an employment, social service or peer support program.
• At least one year experience coaching and preparing clients for interviews and entry into employment.
• At least one year of experience developing customized employment and career plans with clients.
• At least two years’ experience with using Microsoft Office products.
• At least one year utilizing various proprietary and public databases for eligibility, case noting and data collection purposes.
• At least one year of experience with local, state and federal laws and regulations applicable to employment and training programs and social service programs.
• At least one year of experience effectively serving vulnerable populations.
• Must successfully pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check and a review of the National Sex Offender Public Website.
• Must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Must possess a valid Driver's license and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Knowledge of and experience with workforce and/or public assistance programs, either as a recipient, employee or affiliated partner.
• Two years’ experience in job development, proven track record in building a network of employers and business contacts.
• One year work experience in the state’s employment and training program for low income families receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) called the JOBS (Jobs Opportunity and Basic Skills) program.
• One year of experience negotiating and writing Work Experience and JOBS Plus agreements with employers.
• One year of experience working in a position with specific regulatory, compliance and documentation requirements.
• At least one year of experience delivering services utilizing the principles of Trauma Informed Care.
• Experience as a peer mentor for mental health and/or addictions programs
• Experience working with individuals with a history of incarceration
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
• The salary range is $47,140 - $59,399 Annually
• This position will work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
• Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits after two months of continuous employment.
THE FLEXIBLE BENEFITS PROGRAM OFFERS:
• A Choice of Dental Plans and Medical Plans with Vision & Prescription Drug Coverage
• A Choice of Full Benefits or Lesser Benefits with Flex Cash
• Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
• Paid Leave: (Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave)
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance with Optional Salary Buy-Up Program
• Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
• Optional Group Universal Life Insurance; Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance; Long Term Care Insurance; Voluntary Benefits through AFLAC, Liberty Mutual and Hyatt Legal
• Retirement: PERS/OPSRP Retirement Contributions Clackamas County contributes to member’s pension share account as well as picks up the 6% contribution to the Individual Account Program (IAP).
• Optional Deferred Compensation (457)
• Longevity Pay
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
• Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
• This position closes on December 9, 2019.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position