Post Date: 08/05/2019
Close Date: 08/16/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 16, 2019
We are PGE, and every day, we come to work ready. To serve our customers and build a clean energy future that’s bright and exciting. One that stirs imagination, encourages innovation and inspires new energy solutions. We’re ready for the future. And together, nothing is going to stop us. Full Clean Ahead!
Corporate Communications Consultant (P-19-1713)
We’re looking for a top-notch communications professional to join our team. The right candidate will have experience in PR, writing, project management, developing strategic corporate messaging, a team player, and be willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. This position is part of the larger Corporate Communications department and supports the company’s community outreach, internal and external communications in support of our infrastructure work to build tomorrow’s integrated grid.
This position does have a limited duration of two years – but, it’s a key role for the organization with high visibility across the company. And, we’re a fun group of people, committed to each other and to delivering great work in an essential industry.
No two days are alike, but here are few areas of responsibility:
• Strategy and Planning: Develop and implement new communication strategies and project plans for internal and external audiences around PGE’s work to build a smarter, more resilient grid. Work with dozens of clients and projects to produce comprehensive communication collateral, build proactive community outreach programs, and anticipate/mitigate for construction impacts in advance of construction.
• Content development: Write for a variety of channels, including news releases, employee stories, newsletters, web and more.
• Consultation: Offer your communications expertise to internal clients, and proactively anticipate the needs of the business.
• Company spokesperson: Serve as a representative of PGE at community events or meetings, and act as a company spokesperson during storms and outages for traditional and social media.
• Project management: Track and manage multiple projects and deliverables at once.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or similar field.
• At least two years of experience in communications, public affairs or media relations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in managing the communication and outreach efforts for infrastructure programs is a plus.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING