Post Date: 02/22/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference every day? Would you like to work one-on-one with people who experience developmental disabilities?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you. We’re ranked as one of the 100 Best Non-Profit Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a full-time Supported Living Specialist who will work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (8 hours per day, between the hours of 8am to 5:30pm).
You’ll support adults who experience various developmental disabilities; all of them live independently in their own houses and apartments. You’ll get to help them make their own choices, learn awesome new skills, and do fun activities in the community. Some folks will need help with chores, and a few people will need assistance to shower or use the bathroom. You’ll work one-on-one, so you’ll have the time to build real relationships.
This is a great job for people who want to gain experience in the fields of social services, social justice, non-profits, and healthcare… and for anyone who’s looking for a long-term career. Be proud of where you work! Come join UCP Oregon.
• $13.36 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising incrementally to 4 weeks after 5 years of service.
• 8 paid holidays off per year.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Partial cell phone reimbursement.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to transport clients in your car: have a reliable personal vehicle, be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, at least 3 years driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Be able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Supported Living Specialist (Weekdays)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is eager to hire a “Supported Living Specialist (Weekdays)” as soon as possible so applicants will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html