Post Date: 05/05/2020
Close Date: 05/31/2020
Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Program: Portland Outpatient Services
The Mental Health Therapist position provides outpatient mental health and/or substance use treatment services for children, adolescents, and their families, in a clinic setting. The responsibilities of the MHT include diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, individual, and family therapy. This position is responsible for maintaining the clinical record for each client and ensuring the clinical record meets all compliance standards. Therapists are part of a multi-disciplinary team, and as part of the larger organization, employees of Morrison share a commitment to the Sanctuary Model and its principles.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides services for clinic-based programs; individual, group, and family therapy. Completes all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal and organizational requirements
• Applies knowledge of the local mental health system and collaborates with partners such as Coordinated Care Organizations, Department of Human Services, Wraparound principals, school districts, hospitals, and other mental health providers
• Provides case management and coordinates referrals to community resources. Assists clients with completion of necessary paperwork to facilitate access to services
Licensure supervision is available!
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field required
• Meets QMHP requirements under State of Oregon Administrative Rules required
• Two years of direct treatment experience in a mental health setting
• Current Oregon Licensed mental health professional or a current professional mental health license in another state preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish and English, and possessing the ability to provide service in a culturally competent manner
• CADC I preferred
• Must pass criminal history check
• Must pass language testing if applicable
Starting Pay Range:
Mental Health Therapist: $20.36 - $24.27
Mental Health Therapist (Bilingual): $22.19 - $26.46
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply
If viewing the job post through a website without enabled links, please visit https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ select the job title “Mental Health Therapist – Portland Outpatient" and click: "APPLY FOR JOB!"
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Mental Health Therapist – Portland Outpatient
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We'll keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position