Post Date: 06/14/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
Leader – Proposal Development
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Proposal Development Leader to coordinate with directors and proposal writers to develop strategy and execute successful proposals.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Act as a key partner in the development and execution of strategic growth priorities
• Monitor proposal opportunities and distribute/assign opportunities to appropriate staff
• Act as a key decision maker in bid/no bid decisions
• Participate as a team member in initiating, developing, and submitting all proposals
• Develop and implement processes for creating and maintaining boilerplate proposal materials
• Track, follow up, and document proposals after submission and prior to award; provide leadership in the analysis and recommendations based on findings
• Participate as part of a team to implement post award procedures as successful proposals transition to projects
• Responsible for the creation and ongoing managing of long-term (3-5 year) proposal development plans
• Partner with program and administrative leadership on the development and success of signature lines of work
• Manage work and priorities of centralized proposal development team in Executive office.
• Train and mentor staff to build capacity for successful proposal development
• Creates and manages budgets for the operation of the proposal development function
Ideal Candidates will possess
• MA in education, public policy, applied social sciences, or related field
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in proposal planning, development, and analysis
• Excellent small and large group facilitation and communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and client interaction skills
• Demonstrated experience researching, analyzing, and summarizing complex information regarding business opportunities
• Demonstrated successful experience working with a variety of clients and diverse groups of professional colleagues
• Minimum five years’ experience effectively leading or coordinating work teams, projects, or systems
• Maintain high level of confidentiality, particularly related to the development of strategic direction, business development strategies, and management policies
• Strong background knowledge of social sector initiatives
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Office environment, based in Portland, Oregon
• Travel requirements (up to 15% of work schedule), ability to travel by car or public transit in the Portland metropolitan area or common air carrier for out-of-state travel, and to transport and/or handle materials at an onsite location
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0jbua/
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled.
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0jbua/