Post Date: 02/06/2019
Close Date: 02/22/2019
$14 per hour
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Bring your cleaning and organizational experience to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) as a Lead Custodian. You’ll provide custodial and support services for all OMSI facilities, activities, and events, ensuring a clean, safe, and healthy environment for all guests and staff. You’ll also be part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
The Lead Custodian position provides custodial, maintenance and grounds keeping support for OMSI’s facilities and requires evening and/or weekend work. You’ll serve as a positive role model and leader to set the tone for task efficiency and detailed work for custodial teams. This position also includes training, leading, and providing input for the evaluation of the custodial staff. The Lead Custodian reports to the Custodial Operations Manager and assists in supervising the activities of the Custodial crew.
What you’ll need:
• Requires a 5-day work week, working weekends and holidays as needed.
• Working knowledge of floor care, general cleaning and restroom sanitizing procedures.
• Ability to use and maintain custodial equipment.
• Good attention to detail.
• Excellent coordination and project management skills.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in custodial and grounds-keeping services.
• Must pass pre-employment checks, such as a criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive benefits package.
• OMSI Vacation, OMSI Sick, Personal Days, and Holidays.
We invite all applicants interested in impacting the community and our future generations to apply to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/309596.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes February 22, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/309596.html