Post Date: 02/25/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Bates Group (www.batesgroup.com) has been a trusted partner to our financial services clients and their counsel for more than 30 years, delivering superior quality and results on a cost-effective basis. Voted a Best Securities Litigation Consulting Firm by readers of the New York Law Journal and an NYLJ Hall of Fame service provider, Bates Group provides solutions throughout the lifecycle of your legal, regulatory, and compliance matters. With a roster of over 200 financial industry and regulatory compliance experts, Bates offers services in litigation consultation and testimony, regulatory enforcement and internal investigations, compliance solutions, AML and financial crimes, forensic accounting, damages, and big data consulting.
The Analyst role provides support and data analysis on confidential financial litigation matters. Responsibilities include data entry, client data analysis and preparation of case matter documents.
• Complete analyses of financial data thoroughly and accurately using relevant source material
• Learning and understanding how to construct the Bates standard analysis and basic supplemental schedules
• Develops good understanding of the proprietary programs used to create the analysis and the underlying purpose of each schedule
• Inputs case data into standardized electronic format and ensuring accuracy of relevant data
• Adheres to firm values, administrative policies, professional conduct and practices
• Supports other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
• BS or BA in areas such as: mathematics, economics, business, accounting or finance from an accredited college or equivalent experience working in professional services; accounting, legal or financial services
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and other relevant programs, as well as the ability to learn new technologies used in analysis (Bloomberg, Morningstar, etc.)
• Ability to prioritize and remain organized in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and be dependable with a high level of integrity
• Ability to manage multiple projects and have attention to detail
• Exceptional ability to work independently and as part of a team, interact with all levels of staff and management, and identify and manage multiple projects
• Understanding of fundamental research and analytic skills- ability to gather, analyze, and summarize data from multiple sources and databases
• Available to work evenings and weekends when necessary
• Interest in financial analysis and economics
Successful completion of a background check through Bates Group is required before the employee’s start date. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and move about. The employee is frequently required to operate equipment such as computers and copiers. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through our jobs page at https://www.batesgroup.com/about/careers
Complete details: https://www.batesgroup.com/about/careers