Post Date: 10/11/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: Senior Medical Director of Specialty Behavioral Health
DEPARTMENT: Health Services Division
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
SUMMARY: The Senior Medical Director (SMD) of Specialty Behavioral Health Services is responsible for leading all mental health and psychiatric services delivered at Central City Concern. A key responsibility of this role is in the collaborative development and evolution of an integrated service-line of behavioral healthcare delivery across multiple facilities and clinical care teams within the Central City Concern continuum of care. These facilities include CCC’s Blackburn Center, Old Town Clinic, Old Town Recovery Center and the Imani and Puentes Culturally Specific programs. The SMD of Specialty Behavioral Health Services is a member of the Health Services Leadership Team and will provide leadership and strategic vision surrounding the operation of these mental health services programs and the integration of service delivery across primary care and substance use disorders services within CCC. This will be accomplished by working in close and aligned partnership with the Health Services Leadership Team, Executive Leadership Team and Operational partners within the CCC Health Services Continuum. In addition, the SMD of Mental Health Services will hold governance representation roles supporting clinical quality, safety, clinical and professional standards and support the privileging and credentialing of clinical staff.
The SMD of Specialty Behavioral Health Services provides leadership and mentoring to the Health Services clinical staff, participates and leads clinical quality and peer review within the Mental Health service-lines and partners with operational and quality team leaders to maintain a posture of continuous quality improvement, patient safety and compliance with clinical best-practices and standards defined by payers and regulatory agencies. The SMD of Specialty Behavioral Health Services also establishes and promotes the professional, clinical, and ethical values and standards of Central City Concern to which all clinical staff are expected to adhere.
1. License to practice medicine in Oregon.
2. Board certification in Psychiatry.
3. Must have full prescriptive powers in Oregon with a DEA number.
4. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
5. Minimum five years’ experience in providing psychiatric care as a medical provider for individuals with serious mental illness.
6. Minimum two years’ experience supervising and consulting in a psychiatric clinic setting.
7. Current CPR certification or must obtain within one month if not current.
8. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
9. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
10. Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
11. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
12. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
13. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
14. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
15. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs