Post Date: 06/27/2019
Close Date: 07/19/2019
Exhibit Maintenance Technician
$16.69 per hour
On-Call, scheduled for 19 hours per week or less
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Exhibit Maintenance Technician position provides support services for OMSI’s permanent and temporary exhibits. Responsibilities may include cleaning; ensuring exhibits are functional as well as safety and operational reviews. This position will provide communication regarding functionality of exhibits and assist with the relocation of exhibits. This position will have a direct positive impact to OMSI’s guest experience. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Ability to operate common “hand type” machine tools.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Working knowledge of basic electricity and mechanics.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with the public, formal and informal settings.
• Minimum 1 year of informal experience in cleaning, detailing and minor physical repairs.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Eligible for Oregon Sick time.
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/351279.html
Position closes July 19, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/351279.html