Post Date: 05/23/2019
Close Date: 06/24/2019
Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
About the Program:
The program SAGE fosters long-term stabilization for survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC). SAGE is intensive therapeutic program equipped to provide support to 12 girls at a time. The program provides access to psychiatric care, therapy, and Portland Public school teachers on site.
We’re looking for a Mental Health Therapist to join our SAGE residential program. The program provides mental health services to girls who are survivors of commercial sexual exploitation. The Mental Health Therapist is responsible for providing regular individual, family and group counseling, case management, psycho education and clinical consultation, and crisis intervention.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides individual, family and group therapy for clients in placement
• Completes clinical assessments, treatment plans and other assigned record keeping tasks
• Learns and applies all required evidence-based treatment practices in therapy
• Works effectively with family and/or significant community members to enhance treatment planning and discharge
• Works effectively with program staff and external stakeholders to ensure clients receive highest quality services possible
• Provides after hour clinical consultation and crisis intervention, as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
• MSW or a master’s degree in psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science in which clinical experience is required and two years of postgraduate direct service delivery experience
• Qualify as a QMHP in the State of Oregon required
• Licensure or licensed eligible preferred.
• Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email.
• Bilingual - ability to communicate effectively and provide services in both Spanish and English
• Child welfare and/or child protective service experience preferred
• Meet agency driving requirements
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check.
Starting Pay Range:
Mental Health Therapist: $21.19 - $22.58
Mental Health Therapist Bilingual (Spanish): $23.10 - $24.61
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
•Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
Click here to apply:
if viewing through Indeed.com go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Mental Health Therapist - SAGE” and click: "APPLY FOR JOB"
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/sage-mental-health-therapist/