Post Date: 04/17/2019
Close Date: 05/17/2019
The Program Coordinator reports to the Group Programming Manager and plays a critical role in our mission and strategic goals, ensuring high quality group-based programming that complements the 1:1 mentoring relationships at the core of the Friends model. Our vision is to utilize group programming as a vehicle for:
• Increasing youth voice and leadership in our organizational initiatives.
• Providing community building opportunities to support positive identity formation and the development of social capital.
• Enhancing postsecondary and job readiness through direct skill-building opportunities.
The Program Coordinator will be based in our Rockwood facility, at 424 NE 172nd Ave., with a work schedule that includes evening program events that occur on a weekly basis. Time may be flexed as needed to stay within a 40 hour work week average, but you must be available for evening and Saturday work on a regular basis.
If these statements and skills describe you, please apply today:
• You are energized by providing logistical and administrative support for youth programming, and have an interest in developing your professional skills as a youth worker.
• You are passionate about youth empowerment and community building.
• You are centered in racial equity.
Friends of the Children offers our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
• Respect for work-life balance, with some flexibility in managing your daily schedule around fixed programmatic events.
• An emphasis on collaboration and shared leadership, where all staff are expected to participate in developing and furthering key organizational goals.
• Generous benefits package.
• Prepare for, and coordinate the logistics of, activities for youth programming.
• Assist in the implementation and supervision of group programming and events.
• Support program partnerships via correspondence, tracking, agreements, and payments.
• Manage school year and summer programming attendance and reporting.
• Order meals and snacks for group programming events, camps, meetings, and trainings, and take the lead on set-up and clean up for events.
• Manage summer food program participation, enrollment, and reporting.
• Participate in planning and implementing larger-scale organizational events.
• Lead the elementary group programming (2nd-4th grade) and 5th-7th grade cohort activities.
• Lead the coordination, planning and communication around group opportunities (i.e. Nike event, special opportunities) and provide training to staff around expectations and best practices.
• Be proactive and create, implement, and manage new systems, procedures, and programs to better meet the needs of the organization.
• Manage group programming projects on SharePoint and provide SharePoint usage support for staff.
• Support volunteer management for Rockwood facility volunteers.
• Participate in the organization, clean up, and set up of programming areas.
• Other projects as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; demonstrated organizational and time management, delegation and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Publisher; experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and work independently with limited supervision.
Education Required and/or Experience Preferred:
• Minimum of high school diploma required; postsecondary training/certification/degree preferred.
• Two to four years’ experience working with youth programs; experience working with adolescent youth, and working in out of school time settings preferred.
• Experience and/or demonstrated ability to learn website maintenance and setup of audio/visual equipment for meetings and youth activities.
• Training or experience in Youth Program Quality Assessment (YPQA) preferred.
If interested please follow the Hiring Thing link provided!