Post Date: 06/12/2019
Close Date: 07/15/2019
University Mission: Concordia University is a Christian university preparing leaders for the transformation of society.
Position Title: HRIS Analyst
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: VP of Human Resources and Equity
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Number: BS0027
Salary Grade: Grade 5
Primary Work Location: Holman Campus, Onsite. Portland OR
Work Schedule: 8:30-5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Employee Classification: 05 – Staff, full-time, non-exempt
This position is charged with maintaining data integrity, organization, and accuracy within the University’s HRIS systems and is a key technical interface with other university departments on behalf of the HR team and function. This role uses computer skills to keep data safe, accurate, organized and properly stored, troubleshoots problems and works with other HR, Payroll, and IT professionals to make sure all programs play nice. Provides exceptional end-user support, customer service, and a strong teamwork orientation.
Concordia University is a private, Christian university. Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion in order to further the Lutheran objectives of the University and the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as the functional system administrator for Banner HRIS and Cornerstone, or comparable platforms and systems.
• Maintain data in Ellucian Banner ERP, ensure data integrity, accuracy, and organization. Make corrections as needed. This includes completing forms for submission to payroll for processing and data entry.
• Troubleshoot complex issues, offering resolution to end-users.
• Assist in planning approved projects.
• Monitor and communicate status of projects.
• Identify testing strategies and testing requirements.
• Prepare test cases and data to ensure business requirements are met.
• Participate in all aspects of testing system changes (develop business test cases and approve/sign off on testing results).
• Provide support to address issues including researching and resolving HRIS problems and outages and conducting training.
• Work with Banner CAIS to load Concordia-Portland data into Banner. 40%
2. Administer the Faculty Load and Compensation (FLAC) for all adjunct and overload faculty basis according to published pay cycle and schedules. 35%
3. Serve as the SME for faculty payroll, HR systems, and reporting tools/solutions. Partner with Payroll and IST teams to provide HRIS administration and support. Provide customer support by applying knowledge of HRIS and payroll to proactively identify potential opportunities for increased efficiency and enhancements. 15%
4. Assist with month end and quarterly reporting to Finance and payroll. Complete HR reporting including IPEDS, ACA, and BLS submissions. 5%
5. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as requested. 5%
Work Contacts: Internal stakeholders and external vendor partners.
Scope of Work: Includes technical and business aspects of assigned department or functional area. Work includes complex projects with minimal to moderate guidance. Acts as a technical subject matter expert and liaison to departments outside ATS. Assists with keeping leaders informed of results, outcomes and impediments. Consults and advises groups to make informed decisions.
Working Conditions: Office environment.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Able to tolerate prolonged sitting and keyboarding using both desktop and laptop systems
Able to lift, pull, grasp, and reach within an office environment
Able to effectively participate in two-way communications, in person and on the phone
Able to perform complex logic and reasoning activities throughout course of work.
Able to write, read and review complex instructions and technical documentation.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree math, statistics, computer science, or related field.
Strong knowledge of HR and payroll processing requirements and best practices.
Two+ years’ experience using an HR system (ideally Banner and/or Cornerstone)
Strong math and analysis skills are needed.
Understanding of relational database structures.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
-Able to work with large amounts of data, facts, figures, and number crunching. Able to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
-Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Able to present findings, or translate the data into an understandable manner, either verbally or in writing. Able to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
-Able to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive information with tact, good judgement, and discretion.
-Able to display a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
-Able to work effectively and autonomously in a high volume environment.
-Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
-Vigilant in their analysis to come to correct conclusions. Able to look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
-Able to work in an open work environment with a high degree of collegiately and mutual respect.
Post offer, Pre-Employment Screening Requirements: Successfully pass a criminal background check
Attitude and demeanor of all Concordia University employees: As part of a work environment that highly values Christian education, educational excellence and service to students, all members of the community will:
-Publicly support the mission of Concordia University.
-Communicate effectively with warmth, sensitivity, and understanding as s/he deals with administrative colleagues, teachers, students, parents, faculty, college personnel and program associates.
-Work as a team member in a professional environment.
-Possess a “service attitude” (willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of the department).
-Have a professional physical appearance (appropriate clothing, personal hygiene, etc.).