Post Date: 04/23/2020
Close Date: 05/30/2020
LifeWorks NW Addictions Services help individuals overcome addiction and regain control of their lives. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive for all to ensure that every individual is approached with cultural humility and cultural responsiveness while getting the help that they need.
The Bilingual Chemical Dependency Counselor 1 position will work at LifeWorks NW's multi-service site located in Hillsboro, Oregon. This position will work with English and Spanish speaking clients and families. Spanish/English fluency is required.
PAY/BENEFITS: $18.37 - $19.68 per hour. Full benefits.
PURPOSE: Provide substance abuse treatment services in an outpatient setting. Responsible for assessment, treatment planning, provision of counseling (individual, family, and group) services, urinalysis, consultation with care providers and coordination of multiple service providers for his/her assigned client caseload; and for keeping accurate, timely records.
- Requires a current CADC 1 or equivalent national certification; or a submitted application for with a formal plan to obtain certification within two years of hire (CADC-R) through MHACBO.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency required.
- If recovering from a substance abuse related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years.
- Have knowledge, skills, and abilities demonstrating competence in: treatment of substance-related disorders including client evaluation and individual, group, family, and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for client case management and record keeping; and accountability for recording information in the client files assigned to them consistent with those policies and procedures. Should be familiar with theory or concepts of prevention.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms, acculturation and generational issues within a culture; extensive knowledge and understanding of resources and appropriate support linkage available within the community; effective inner-cultural communication skills in order to advocate for culturally diverse clients.
- Sensitivity and understanding of specific barriers which may lead to lack of access and engagement.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
Apply at: https://lifeworksnw.applicantpro.com/jobs/1313409.html
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09
Complete details: https://lifeworksnw.applicantpro.com/jobs/1313409.html