Post Date: 10/31/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. In 2018, we were ranked as one of the top 100 non-profit employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support an easygoing, independent woman who lives in her own apartment in NE Portland (Mall 205 area). She has a great sense of humor and enjoys spending time at home, hanging out with her pets (a cat and a dog), watching TV shows about animals, and listening to rock ‘n’ roll and blues music.
You’ll work two shifts per week, totaling 42 hours per week (40 hours of regular pay and 2 hours at overtime pay): 8pm on Thursday to 5pm on Friday (a 21-hour shift) and 11am on Sunday to 8am on Monday (a 21-hour shift). *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
• Build a relationship as you watch animal shows together and listen to music.
• Do chores such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, and running the occasional errand.
• Assist her during in-home medical appointments and weekly doctor’s appointments.
• Administer medications and monitor her on-going health concerns.
• Using a Hoyer lift, assist with bathing, dressing and toileting.
• Assist her to deal with her anxiety and other mental health concerns.
• $13.00 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Experience in the mental health or developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• Be able to drive the UCP van, which requires that you be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a valid driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Easygoing Woman (NE Portland)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.