Post Date: 08/05/2019
Close Date: 09/15/2019
Position Profile: Major Gifts Officer
$54,400 - $62,600 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a regular, full-time Major Gifts Officer, who will bring experience in development, preferably raising major gifts ($5,000+).
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to achieve collective impact.
What you’ll do:
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for building and maintaining a portfolio of major donors to help OMSI achieve its strategic and operating goals. This position will work closely with members of the Development team on the identification, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors and prospects. He or she will play an important role in developing a strong donor-centric culture across the museum.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum 5 years of development experience, preferably raising major gifts ($5,000+).
• Minimum 4 years of progressive project management, including staff/volunteer supervision, and budget responsibility.
• Experience using Moves Management.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
• Free OMSI annual membership.
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in impacting the community and our future generations to apply to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/362674.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes September 15, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/362674.html