Post Date: 05/08/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Distribution Coordinator (Clerical) – Portland, OR
Based in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly, and creates nearly 130,000 jobs indirectly. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world’s largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics.
We are seeking a Distribution Coordinator for our Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products Distribution Centers located in Portland, OR.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Perform all duties in the shipping/receiving office including customer service with truck drivers
• Accurately process shipping paperwork
• Dispatch work to the warehouse floor
• Extensive use of Outlook communicating with all levels of the organization
• Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook experience
• 10-key by touch and data entry experience
• Willingness and ability to work any shift to include variable start times, nights, overtime, weekends, and holidays
• Must have transportation to and from work
• Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
• One year of office/clerical experience
• Background in warehousing, transportation or inventory control
Why Work For GP?
• A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
• Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
• Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
• Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
• Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
• Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Starting range is $17.00 - $17.50 per hour depending upon experience. Georgia-Pacific also offers a competitive benefit package.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
To apply go to www.gp.com/careers. Click on the See All Open Positions blue box in the middle of the page. On the next page, click in the first field titled Find jobs by keyword or job ID, type in 062690 and enter. Click on the Shipping Logistics Office Clerk link and then Apply for Job. Follow the directions to complete a profile and answer all assessment questions. Please do not contact us directly.