Post Date: 02/01/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Job Title: Sr. Camp Staff – Girl Scouts - summer overnight camps
Assistant Camp Director, Program Coordinators, CIT/WIT Directors
Camp Arrowhead - Stevenson, WA
Camp Cleawox - Florence, OR
Camp Whispering Winds - Philomath, OR
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Girl Scouts has valued and supported all girls since our inception in 1912. The foundation of diversity that Juliette Gordon Low established runs throughout Girl Scouting to this day. Our mission extends to all girls, and through our program they develop the necessary leadership skills to advance diversity and promote inclusion. We wish for all girls to see themselves reflected in the organization they are a part of, and seek to model the values of diversity and inclusion we hope to instill in them. In order to achieve these goals, we are committed to creating and fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization.
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington operates three fun, safe overnight camps. Each camp is staffed with a talented team that oversees the operation of camp, including ensuring high quality programming and supervision of staff, health procedures, and kitchen procedures. These full-time seasonal positions offer $340-$490 per week plus accommodations and meals. All staff must accept the mission and principles of Girl Scouting and register as a Member of the Girl Scouts.
View overnight camp Information here: http://www.girlscoutsosw.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Various Positions
Assistant Camp Director:
• Full time, seasonal position offering $490 per week with room and board.
• Responsible for running camp in the absence of the camp director.
• Responsible for supervising the health and food service programs and staff.
• Keep records of income and expenses at camp.
• Review standing orders, notify camp director if there are any issues.
• Purchase supplies as necessary, within budget.
• Check incoming supplies against orders and invoices.
• Keep camp director informed of health and safety issues.
• Ensure sanitation procedures for kitchen, dining area and health center are followed.
• Maintain files and documents and reports, as required.
• Full time, seasonal position offering $390 per week with room and board.
• Supervise, support and evaluate assigned unit staff and program specialists.
• Assist with camp including living in the unit, housekeeping and programs.
• Ensure quality program activities are planned with campers and delivered in a responsible manner.
• Ensure all units and program areas run smoothly and safely, in accordance with GSUSA and GSOSW policies and procedures.
• Keep the team and camp director informed of site, unit and/or program area issues.
• Serve as a resource for program skills and camp knowledge, including leading activities.
• Work with other senior staff in coordinating of all site programs.
• Purchase supplies as necessary, within budget. Check incoming supplies against orders and invoices.
Counselor/Wrangler-in-Training (CIT/WIT) Director:
• Full time, seasonal position offering $340 per week with room and board.
• Organize CIT/WIT camp living unit, including housekeeping activities and program.
• Based on needs of participants, develop a training program that includes camping and leadership skills for becoming a staff member.
• Work with unit staff to supervise and evaluate leadership abilities of CIT/WITs during their unit/program area time.
• Evaluate the progress of girls in the CIT/WIT program and make recommendations for each girl's future development.
• Responsible for the health and safety conditions of campers in unit.
• Serve as a resource for program skills and possibly share specific skills.
• Guide activities and experiences in the unit through girl planning.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education and/or Experience:
• At least 21 years of age
• One year in an organized camp setting or other equivalent work with children.
• Experience working with children, young adults and adults.
• Interest, knowledge, skills and passion in a variety of camp programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Posses or able to obtain Child and Adult First Aid/CPR and AED certification or higher.
• Posses or able to obtain food handlers card required by specific county and state.
• Posses or able to obtain appropriate aquatic, equestrian or challenge certifications as necessary.
• Valid driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
• Register as a member of Girl Scouts of the USA.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
• Walking and standing up to 80% of time on flat or uneven terrain, indoors and outdoors.
• Sitting at and using a computer for extended projects.
• Stooping, squatting and bending. Reaching overhead.
• This position is required to live on site June 16, 2019 - August 28, 2019, with limited time off.
• Staff must be willing to live and work in the following rustic facilities with reasonable accommodation: screened cabins, yurts, and adirondacks.
• Shower and toilet facilities are separate from cabins, and could include not flush toilets and dormitory style showers.
• Several hours a day are spent outdoors, in nature.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These positions are seasonal and are not eligible for GSOSW benefits.
PLEASE APPLY: Please go to our website or use the link below. Do not use any other link. To apply, click here: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/306665-38809.html
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.
Complete details: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/306665-38809.html