Post Date: 02/11/2020
Close Date: 02/25/2020
PLEASE NOTE: Resumes, cover letters and all other documents must all be uploaded at one time. When uploading a resume, please upload any other documents in the same area/field.
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for Two (2) Service Desk Technicians to join an excellent team, provide top-notch support and work to advance their IT operations.
This position is under the classification Information Systems Specialist 3.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Service Desk Technician, you will provide support to both internal and external customers of the Office of Information Services (OIS). In a Tier 1 capacity, you will concentrate on receiving and recording end-user desktop issues. You will resolve repetitive issues such as password resets and training/inquiry questions. You will need to demonstrate specialized knowledge in one or possibly two technical areas and general knowledge in a few other areas.
In this role, you will clearly communicate solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner and provide one-on-one training over the phone or in-person. You will demonstrate strong technical and customer service skills and answer complex technical questions. When necessary, you will pass problems that cannot be resolved to upper-level technical support personnel within and outside of the Service Desk.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Two (2) years of information systems experience in Technical Support. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field.
• Experience providing large volume technical support and responding to a wide range of requests.
• Working knowledge of state agencies, programs, locations of offices and staff.
• Ability to work under pressure and retain a professional and tactful manner in all interactions with customers.
• Willingness to collaborate, share information and contribute to a team’s success.
• Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and independent judgement.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.