Post Date: 05/01/2019
Close Date: 06/30/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful and fun caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP is one of the top ranked non-profit employers in Oregon, and we’re growing! We’re seeking a caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support two men that experience developmental disabilities.
You will spend two nights a week supporting a young man who lives in his own apartment near NW 23rd. He is independent and active, and is interested in screenwriting, creating comic books, going out for coffee, playing video games, and hanging out at Powell’s. He needs your assistance to prepare medication and meals, do household chores, bathe, and get dressed. You will also assist by providing some life coaching and talking him through situations when he is experiencing anxiety.
You will spend one night a week supporting a fun-loving, retired man who lives in his own apartment in the Lents neighborhood of SE Portland. He is a gregarious and funny guy, and has many interests, including action movies, video games, and visiting neighborhood restaurants and bars. He’s hearing impaired, but is great at reading body language and gestures. He needs your assistance to prepare medications and meals, do household chores, bathe, and get dressed. Please note that there is a cat in this household.
Driving is not a requirement for this position. However, if you choose to drive, there is available street parking in both neighborhoods. Both gentlemen live near popular MAX lines for those that rely on public transit. The distance between NW Portland and the Lents neighborhood suburbs in SE Portland is 13 miles or approximately 20-25 minutes driving time. Using public transportation, it would take approximately one hour, including transfers.
You’ll work three overnight shifts per week, totaling 39 hours per week. The shifts are:
• 8pm on Thursday through 9am on Friday (a 13-hour shift) – NW Portland
• 7pm on Saturday through 8am on Sunday (a 13-hour shift) – SE Portland
• 8pm on Sunday through 9am on Monday (a 13-hour shift) – NW Portland
Note: *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must pass a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, reference check, and criminal history background check.
• Though not required, applicants who have mental health or developmental disabilities experience will be preferred.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Two Cool Men with Disabilities (NW Portland & SW Portland)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/0B4084CDC5