Post Date: 10/10/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Data Analyst with Report Writing experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Data Analyst/Report Writer, you will support software development and operational activities on the OR-Kids (CCWIS) System.
You will work on the following activities:
• Developing, maintaining and delivering reports, training materials/aids end user documentation for customers using SSRS.
• Performing data analysis for the development of report artifacts.
• Performing data validation to ensure reports are accessing proper data.
• Working to identify and resolve reporting issues: proposing potential process improvements to ensure efficiency security and data integrity
• Communicating with report consumers and other stakeholders to elicit and document
reporting requirements and proposing appropriate solutions
• Designing and developing report mock-ups and prototypes
• Proactively engaging in continuous improvement efforts for SSRS reports and their operation
• Working on software development teams to make significant functional enhancements to the system.
Your primary focus will be developing reports utilizing Microsoft SSRS. You will also work with business analysts to understand business requirements, specify technical requirements and test new features.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a a Data Analyst with Report Writing experience, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Salem at 3991 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
(a) Four (4) years of information systems experience in Data Analysis and/or Report Writing.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Data Analysis and/or Report Writing.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• Recent experience developing reports using Microsoft SSRS or equivalent reporting tools.
• Experience in and knowledge of the methods, procedures and techniques of report writing with emphasis on requirements elicitation.
• Experience in and knowledge of theories and principles of Information Systems (IS) technology.
• Knowledge of technological changes and developments in IT.
• Strong working knowledge of T-SQL or SQL.
• Ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
• Problem-solving skill utilizing fact-based logic.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Effective organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work directly with diverse end-users and team members.