Post Date: 09/09/2019
Close Date: 09/20/2019
Salary: $63,878 - $92,623 annually
The Assistant Director of Production Services is responsible for leading and overseeing the production department of P5 which consists of 3 Production Supervisors as well as 15 IATSE crew heads. They are also responsible for ensuring that all productions are technically executed to P5's high standards.
Portland'5 Centers for the Arts (formerly the Portland Center for the Performing Arts) is a leader in expert venue management, overseeing the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Keller Auditorium and Antoinette Hatfield Hall, which includes the Brunish Theatre, the Newmark Theatre and the Dolores Winningstad Theatre.
Home to arts organizations such as Oregon Ballet Theatre, the Oregon Symphony and the Portland Opera, it's among the largest performing arts centers in the US with approximately 1,000 performances and 900,000 attendees annually and generates an average of $60 million in regional spending and more than 700 jobs each year. The five theatres at Portland'5 have showcased countless events over the years including Broadway shows, concerts, comedy shows, plays, children's theatre, lectures, dance and much more. We are purposeful in presenting our diverse community with meaningful performing arts performances and spaces that are welcoming and accessible to everyone.
At Portland'5 Centers for the Arts, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Five years of experience managing personnel in stage management, technical and production management on large-scale, first class theatrical and/or touring productions.
• Bachelor's degree in technical theatre, stage management or theatrical design or other related fields or,
• Any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the classification duties and responsibilities
• Prefer: Minimum of six years of experience managing personnel in stage management, technical and production management on large-scale, first class theatrical and/or touring productions.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) answer to supplemental questions, 3) resume
Additional Preference: cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer