Post Date: 04/27/2020
Close Date: 05/31/2020
The Manager of Finance Accounting & Reporting is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of major financial accounting, reporting and analysis functions. Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, local and BCBS Association regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines. Responsible for the execution of effective internal controls over financial reporting (NAIC Model Audit Rule).
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
• Manages exempt and non-exempt accounting staff responsible for maintaining an accurate general ledger, including journal entries and reconciliations, internal management reporting, GAAP reporting, statutory and other regulatory reporting, financial analysis and other non-transactional finance functions throughout Cambia
• Responsible for the creation, analysis, reporting, maintenance, and safeguarding of financial and accounting data necessary for effective and efficient management of the company’s operations
• Responsible for and assists in the development, implementation and revision of department accounting policies, procedures and systems to ensure that all financial and accounting practices are complimentary to and in compliance with all applicable corporate and regulatory policies and procedures
• Manages the timely and accurate preparation of periodic financial statements, regulatory reports, analysis, budgets, forecast and operating plans
• Directs the preparation and review of data collection, periodic journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations. Provides a critical review of financial statements, reports, analysis and projections to ensure a “no-surprise” environment
• Oversees a team responsible for the monthly general ledger closing process, ensuring that all financial activity is recorded correctly
• Monitors the results of balance sheet account reconciliations. Directs and supports the timely resolution of outstanding items
• Contributes to the support of internal and external audits, including the investigation and analysis related to unusual transactions, activities, questions and issues as they arise
• Works directly with outside auditors and consultants, bankers, regulators and customers on an assortment of financial and accounting issues
• Plans and supports the work efforts to develop and implement periodic conversions and/or consolidations of financial systems and applications, including research and recommendations on redesign of process methodologies and interfaces with ancillary systems
• The Manager of Finance Accounting and Reporting would have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated application of financial, accounting and business knowledge
• Specific areas of knowledge would include generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Statutory filings
• Ability to think analytically, apply analytical techniques and to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations using critical thinking and sound judgment
• Ability to plan, organize and oversee assigned projects, including monitoring and evaluating the work of subordinates. Effective communication, verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, including executive
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as a self-starter or in a team with management and employees, as well as vendors, consultants, and other health care organizations.
• Ability to plan, organize and lead the work of others, while developing department goals and objectives consistent with corporate vision and strategies
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.