Post Date: 05/20/2020
Close Date: 06/14/2020
To be considered for this position you must complete an online application at the link provided.
Job number: REQ-40688
Close date: 6/14/2020
Salary: $5397 - $7959 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
This is a full-time, permanent management service position and is not represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), HIV, STD and TB Section in Portland, OR is recruiting for a CAREAssist Program Manager to lead Oregon’s AIDS Drug Assistance Program. The CAREAssist Program Manager will work to assure quality services are provided to Oregonians living with HIV, to improve health outcomes. CAREAssist helps eligible Oregonians access and pay for life saving medications, medical and dental care.
What will you do?
As the CAREAssist Program Manager, you will provide oversight and ongoing evaluation to ensure the quality of program services for approximately 4,000 Oregonians. You will establish program guidelines, standards and policies to achieve program goals, and assure compliance with state and federal rules/laws as required by funding entities. You will assess systems and identify and carry out improvement initiatives. You will monitor budgets, contracts and ensure fiscal controls. You will share responsibility and oversight of the CAREAssist 340B Drug Pricing Program. You will oversee evaluation and reporting. You will supervise a team of 14 caseworker, administrative and program development staff. You will prioritize and distribute assignments; monitor work; manage staff recruitment, attendance, timekeeping and professional behavior; utilize coaching and progressive discipline as appropriate; create employee development plans for all staff for professional growth; and assist with program coverage and succession planning. As a member of the HIV/STD/TB Leadership Team, you will collaborate with peers and other public health leaders to develop and improve programming that meets community needs and has measurable impact.
As the CAREAssist Program Manager, you will lead and participate in planning with team members within the Public Health Division, local health department, community-based partners, medical and pharmacy providers, and most importantly persons living with HIV to ensure CAREAssist services delivered meet vital needs. In this position, you will be a collaborative member of a service system that works together to meet the needs and address gaps across Oregon’s HIV continuum of prevention and care.
What are we looking for?
• Minimum requirements: Six years of supervision, program management, or professional-level experience managing a public health program. This experience must have included at least two years of supervision and management of a public health program, section, or unit which included: A) development of program rules and policies, B) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, C) program evaluation, and D) budget preparation.
• Experience working with pharmacy services, health plan systems and insurance plans.
• Experience applying business management principles to health system service delivery.
• Experience managing federal grant-funded programs; writing, negotiating and administering contracts; and overseeing budgets and other finance processes.
• Experience utilizing data to monitor service quality and initiate service delivery improvement projects.
• Experience working with vulnerable or marginalized populations.
• Experience in and/or knowledge of pharmaceutical, medical and public/private insurance systems and terminology, and chronic disease prevention and/or care.
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
To view the announcement and apply, please visit the following link:
Employees please apply through your Workday account.
Cyndi Phipps-Roman 503-945-6377