Post Date: 11/18/2019
Close Date: 12/05/2019
REQ Number: 25368
Close date: 12/05/2019
Salary: $2051 - $2999 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Section in Portland, OR is recruiting for a Research Analyst for the Universally offered Home Visiting Program. The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) section monitors local, state and national maternal child health data, identifies areas and trends creating health risks for Oregon’s families, and develops statewide policy and program infrastructure to improve the health and well-being of adult women, pregnant and postpartum women, infants and young children.
What will you do?
As the Research Analyst, you will provide assessment, data collection, analysis and program evaluation support to the Universally offered Home Visiting (UoHV) program of the MCH Section. You may occasionally provide research analysis for other programs in MCH. This position is a part of a team of research analysts who provide services to MCH programs, by working closely with program and informatics staff.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to impact the health of all women, infants and children in Oregon. Are you an experienced research analyst? Do you have experience working with maternal and child health programs? Are you proficient in statistical software applications? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
• A bachelor's degree in public health or a related degree which included six-quarter units in statistics or quantitative analysis methods and procedures, and one year of experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports OR four years of research experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, SPSS, Tableau, and Salesforce.
• Experience targeting social determinants that impact health outcomes.
• Experience focusing on health issues impacting children and families.
• Experience focusing on community-based health interventions.
• Experience focusing on home visiting programs.
• Experience with hospital and health department programs for pre/postnatal care and birthing
• Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
How to Apply
Complete the online application at the following link: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Portland--Oregon-Street---OHA/Universal-Home-Visiting-Research-Analyst--Research-Analyst-3----Part-time--20-hours-per-week-_REQ-25368
Complete details: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Portland--Oregon-Street---OHA/Universal-Home-Visiting-Research-Analyst--Research-Analyst-3----Part-time--20-hours-per-week-_REQ-25368