Post Date: 06/17/2019
Close Date: 07/17/2019
$36,700 - $38,400 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Bring your organizational skills and customer service experience to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) as our Event Planner! As the Event Planner, you will conceptualizes and organize all OMSI events, including lectures, forums, workshops, conferences, classes, Science Pubs, member nights, and other similar functions. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Generate ideas for events aligned with OMSI’s strategic vision, as educational, and financial goals.
• Develop, plan, implement, evaluate and staff OMSI public-oriented special events that increase museum attendance, enhance visitor experience and retain members.
• Work closely with Events team and both internal and external clients to determine scope of work, budget, design direction, presentation requirements and timeline.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 1 year of coordination and project management skills.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with the public, in formal and informal settings.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in coordinating small and large scale events.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/348299.html.
Position closes July 17, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/348299.html