Post Date: 09/24/2019
Close Date: 10/14/2019
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Nursing
Position summary:Washington State University Vancouver and the College of Nursing invite applications for a tenured/tenure-track position as a nurse scientist and educator at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. The candidate selected for this position will be on the faculty in the College of Nursing. Rank and tenure status are dependent upon qualifications.
The program at Washington State University Vancouver offers a: 1) RN to BSN completion program; 2) master of nursing (MN) program with specialization as an advanced population health nurse (tracks include nurse educator, nurse leader, and an individualized option) and 3) DNP program with specialization as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or a Population Health Nurse.
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor will be responsible for:
• Teaching undergraduate, master and/or doctoral students.
• Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
• Participating in research team-building by complementing or augmenting current areas of faculty research.
• Maintaining an ongoing program of research.
• Publishing and presenting research findings.
• Serving on graduate student committees.
• Providing service to the university community and profession.
1) An earned PhD in nursing or related field by the time of hire.
2) Demonstrated ability to design and conduct studies addressing salient nursing and health care issues related to College of Nursing research foci.
3) Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and the reduction of health disparities.
1) Clinical expertise, including eligibility for RN licensure in Washington State.
2) Demonstrated experience in teaching and advising graduate and/or undergraduate students.
3) Demonstrated experience with technology assisted education modalities.
4) Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations and/or students.
5) Demonstrated teaching and research expertise in technology-based data-driven individual and public health outcome research.
6) Demonstrated leadership experience.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply:Please visit wsujobs.com and on the upper left corner you will find “Search Jobs”. Once you click that please select “Vancouver” for Work Location and search.
Screening Begins: October 15, 2019
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Washington State University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259 (f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.