Post Date: 02/12/2020
Close Date: 03/08/2020
TITLE: Development Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SALARY: Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
POSITION TYPES: Full-time, Exempt. Some nights/weekends for special events.
LOCATION: Portland, OR
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2020
Portland Parks Foundation (PPF)
The Portland Parks Foundation is dedicated to connecting Portlanders to nature and to each other through the city’s parks, public spaces, and natural areas. We lead, develop partnerships, and raise money to fund new facilities, enhance existing ones, and support programs to put our parks system within reach to all. We are the chief philanthropic partner of Portland Parks & Recreation. For more information please visit www.portlandpf.org
The Development Director is responsible for all of PPF’s vital revenue streams which allow the organization to achieve its mission and maximize its impact in the community. The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of PPF’s fundraising including foundation and corporate support, individual major gifts and fundraising appeals, planned giving efforts, special events, and capital campaigns. PPF seeks an individual with excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills, as well as good judgement, high integrity, enthusiasm, diplomacy and a sense of humor. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to identify, engage, and solicit individual, foundation, and corporate prospects.
• Grow the donor base at every level.
• Oversee foundation requests including timeline, research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
• Direct capital campaigns and the annual fundraising drives.
• Coordinate fundraising special events.
• Oversee prospect research
• Coordinate Board Development, Outreach and Events and Governance Committee meetings
• Audit, maintain and analyze fundraising data through the Donor Perfect and oversee data entry, gift processing, and acknowledgment letters
• Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
• Build the Planned Giving program
• Maintain gift recognition programs.
• Support the Board of Directors, development committee, and volunteers in developing and stewarding donor relationships
• Provide other support as assigned.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum four years managing and growing a successful development and communications program
• Big picture thinker with experience and aptitude for developing grassroots, major donor, and campaign fundraising
• Enthusiasm for direct solicitation and the ability to motivate and empower others to participate in fundraising activities
• Ability to work collaboratively with Portland Parks & Recreation on joint activities, communications and coordination of fundraising activities
• Excellent written, verbal, and social media communicator with the ability to represent the organization in diverse public settings.
• Self-starter exhibiting sound judgement and creative problem-solving
• Ability to improvise, juggle multiple priorities and achieve ambitious goals in a fast-paced small office
• Capacity to engage authentically with Portland’s wide-ranging parks communities and constituents and connect the dots between organizational need and donor interests
• Possess an unwavering commitment to the Portland Parks Foundation’s mission
• Maintain the highest ethical fundraising standards
• Exhibit commitment to racial, ethnic, cultural and gender equity
• Enthusiastically embrace working in a collaborative environment of 3-4 person office and a working board.
• Experience with DonorPerfect preferred
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
• 40-hour base work week. Work is generally completed during regular business hours: 8:30 a.m.—5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work to be expected on occasion. Salary range ($65,000 - $70,000)
• Full-time position
• Health and dental insurance
• Paid time off and Holidays
• 401(k) plan eligibility after 6 months, with an employer match.
The application deadline is March 1, 2020. Please submit a resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com with the subject line: Development Director, or mail to:
Portland Parks Foundation
1500 SW First Avenue, Suite 760
Portland, OR 97201
Portland Parks Foundation does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics, All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
PPF is committed to promote equity, diversity and inclusion in its work. We believe that equitable access to urban parks and natural areas—sharing the positive outcomes of parks on recreation, physical and mental health, neighborhood economy and child development among all Portlanders--is fundamental to our mission and to sustain a great city. PPF is committed to help dismantle barriers across the breadth of our work for Portland’s parks, including in our leadership and staff, donors, volunteers, partners, campaigns and projects. We encourage employment applications from diverse candidates.
Complete details: https://www.portlandpf.org/opportunities