Post Date: 01/08/2019
Close Date: 01/22/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 22, 2018
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist IV – Project Control Specialist (R18-584)
This is a 3-year limited term position with an end date of January 30, 2022
The Project Control Specialist develops, implements, maintains, and enhances project controls for the Company's medium to large Generation projects and programs. This position implements these controls effectively and in an economical manner to achieve the desired outcome, and ensures compliance with regulatory and PGE requirements. This position is responsible for coordinating and communicating with various PGE departments and groups, and outside contractors/vendors as required, ensuring scheduling, cost control, regulatory, reporting, and other project requirements are met. This position is expected to support multiple projects that may require frequent travel to construction jobsites and other PGE facilities.
• Develop control processes to influence the time and cost outcomes of critical projects and programs
• Communicate information in formats that improve project management and decision making
• Ensure compliance with regulatory and business requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus five years of experience in utility operations, utility project work preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Utility construction experience highly preferred.
• Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and ability to drive long distances to construction jobsites
• Thorough knowledge in developing/updating schedules, resource projections, data analytics and cash flows and the use of appropriate project management software programs.
• Working knowledge and skill in project management scheduling principles, techniques, methods and standards.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint software
• Working knowledge of PowerPlant program
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-584. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING