Post Date: 01/11/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Adolescent Development Specialist
Full Time, Full Benefits
The Breakthrough Day Treatment is seeking to hire an Adolescent Development Specialist; to help boys enrolled in the program to build daily living skills. The Adolescent Development Specialist works in a day treatment setting. The youth receive therapeutic services year-round and attend classes at an on-site accredited school.
About the Program
Our Breakthrough Day Treatment program was created to meet the needs of adolescents who struggle with trauma and drug and/or alcohol abuse. Our staff help guide youth make the transition to a successful, sober lifestyle.We plan structured schedules, provide therapeutic foster care, parent training, and opportunities to learn and practice pro-social interactions.
How You Can Help:
The Adolescent Development Specialist is primarily responsible milieu, recreational and lunch coverage, co-facilitating groups and weekend home visit coverage. They monitor and help manage the youth’s behavior to provide a safe, structured environment this is conducive to treatment.
Primary duties and Responsibilities for the position:
• Facilitates and co-facilitates skill building groups and provide supervision during recreational activities
• Prepares group notes, progress notes, communication and incident reports and logs in a timely manner
• Collaborates with counselors and other program staff to help youth reach treatment goals
The ideal candidate will communicate effectively and enjoy building working relationships with agency staff as well as within the community. They will have some knowledge of adolescent development and behavioral management and be comfortable working with adjudicated youth.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Bachelor required in social service field with one year of experience
• CADC I preferred or must apply for CADC I within 6 months and achieve certification within 2 years
• Basic computer skills, word processing, data bases, electronic health record and Outlook email
• Spanish language proficiency is valued, though not required
• Pass a DHS criminal background check
• Meet agency driving requirements
• May involve irregular work hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
• May be required to present when client urinalysis samples are collected in the presence, client and staff will be of the same gender
Starting Pay Range:
Adolescent Development Specialist: $14.50-$14.83
Bilingual Adolescent Development Specialist: $15.81-$16.17
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job code: “ADS - 673” and indicate that you are applying to Adolescent Development Specialist position subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/1adolescent-development-specialist/