Post Date: 11/01/2019
Close Date: 12/01/2019
Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking Residential Counselors to join our exceptional team at the Women’s Residential Center. If you want to make a difference in our community using your enthusiasm, knowledge, and experience with at-risk populations, this is the job for you.
You will work with a multidisciplinary team in a community corrections, alcohol, and drug, residential treatment setting.
This position provides milieu crisis counseling and a variety of support services to women in a chemical dependency treatment program for women offenders. This position administers UA’s, and ensures a therapeutic environment as well as safety and security.
• Bachelor’s Degree and two years of relevant experience; or
• Associates Degree and two years of relevant experience working with at-risk populations;
• High-school diploma or GED and five years of experience working with at-risk populations.
• Working knowledge of conflict resolution and crisis counseling skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
• Ability to function effectively under pressure
• Ability to role model healthy communication skills
• Ability to adapt to change
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Exposure to Motivational Interviewing, Mindfulness, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, and Family Systems Theory desirable.
• Individuals in recovery from alcoholism and/or drug addiction must have maintained continuous sobriety under non-residential, independent living conditions for at least the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
• Must be able to pass a DHS criminal history check.
• Must have CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
• If driving clients or for other purposes, a valid driver’s license, current insurance, and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.
• Ability to perform CPR in case of emergency.
Schedule: This is a relief position, and may include day, swing, overnight or weekend shifts. Overnight shifts are typically 10pm – 6:30am.
Compensation: Minimum $14.69/hour + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers